Today, we have an exciting and delicious recipe to share with you – Baja Shrimp Tacos. These tacos are not your ordinary tacos. They are dressed in a bright and zesty yogurt lime crema sauce that adds a burst of flavor and freshness to every bite. With a marinade infused with cilantro, warming spices, and zesty lime, these shrimp tacos are a delightful balance of heat and freshness. Topped with creamy avocado, salty cotija cheese, and crunchy cabbage, these tacos are a culinary masterpiece that will transport your taste buds to the sun-soaked beaches of Baja California. Best of all, they can be made in just 30 minutes, making them a quick and easy option for a restaurant-quality dinner at home.
GO DOWN TO DOWNLOAD FREE E BOOK
Baja Shrimp Tacos
- – For the Baja Shrimp:
- – 1 pound large fresh shrimp peeled and deveined
- – 1 tablespoon olive oil
- – 2 tablespoons lime juice
- – 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- – 1 teaspoon chili powder
- – 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- – Salt and black pepper to taste
- – Cooking spray
- – For the Yogurt Lime Crema Sauce:
- – 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt
- – 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- – 1 tablespoon lime juice
- – 1 teaspoon honey
- – Salt to taste
- – To Assemble Your Tacos:
- – 8 corn or flour tortillas
- – 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- – 1 avocado sliced
- – 1/4 cup cotija cheese crumbled
- In a large mixing bowl, marinate the shrimp by combining olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix well to coat the shrimp. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, prepare the yogurt lime crema sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and lightly coat it with cooking spray. Add the marinated shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and opaque.
- Warm the tortillas in a separate skillet or in the oven.
- To assemble the tacos, spread a spoonful of the yogurt lime crema sauce on each tortilla. Top with cooked shrimp, shredded purple cabbage, avocado slices, and crumbled cotija cheese.
- Serve the Baja Shrimp Tacos immediately and enjoy!