Looking for a delightful and comforting dinner recipe that will transport you back to the warmth of family meals at home? Look no further than the Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Bake. This nostalgic dish combines juicy, tender chicken and vibrant, crunchy broccoli, nestled in a bed of perfectly cooked pasta, all drenched in a velvety cream sauce. Topped off with a golden crust of melty cheese, every bite promises a delightful crunch and a taste of home.
GO DOWN TO DOWNLOAD FREE E BOOK
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI PASTA BAKE
- – 300 grams uncooked pasta
- – 450 grams chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- – 1/2 broccoli cut into small florets
- – 1 tablespoon olive oil
- – 1 red onion chopped
- – 3 garlic cloves minced
- – 200 ml heavy cream
- – 125 ml chicken broth
- – 1 tablespoon butter
- – 100 grams Parmesan cheese
- – 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- – 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- – 1 teaspoon salt
- – 150 grams shredded cheese for topping
- Prepare the Pasta:
- – Boil water in a large pot, add a pinch of salt, and cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- – Season the chicken breasts with sweet paprika, black pepper, and salt.
- Cook the Chicken and Broccoli:
- – Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped red onion and minced garlic cloves, sauté until onion becomes translucent.
- – Add seasoned chicken to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes until fully cooked.
- – Add broccoli florets and continue cooking for a few more minutes until slightly tender and vibrant green in color.
- Prepare the Cream Sauce:
- – Pour in the heavy cream, chicken broth, and butter. Stir until the butter melts and the mixture begins to simmer.
- – Add Parmesan cheese and stir until fully incorporated into the sauce.
- Assemble and Bake:
- – Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and stir until fully coated in the creamy sauce.
- – Preheat the oven to 200°C. Transfer the pasta mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- – Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Serve and Enjoy!
– Make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked before adding the broccoli.
– Avoid overcooking the broccoli during the sautéing process as it will continue to cook in the oven.
– For a golden top, broil the dish for the last 2 minutes of baking, keeping a close eye to prevent burning.
– To lighten the dish, use half-and-half or milk instead of heavy cream, although the sauce may be less thick.
– Feel free to use your favorite cheese for topping, such as mozzarella or cheddar.
– Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.