Chicken Caprese Pasta is a delightful and easy-to-make dish that combines the flavors of chicken, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, balsamic vinegar and glaze, and fresh basil. This flavorful and protein-packed pasta is perfect for a quick and satisfying dinner. In just 30 minutes, you can whip up this delicious meal that is both light and creamy. Let’s dive into how to make this mouthwatering Chicken Caprese Pasta!
Chicken Caprese Pasta
- – 8 oz pasta
- – 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 1.3 lbs
- – 2 tbsp olive oil separated
- – 2 tbsp minced garlic
- – 1 tsp dried basil
- – 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- – 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- – 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- – 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- – 8 oz fresh mozzarella pearls
- – 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- – Salt
- – Black pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts into small, bite-sized cubes.
- Prepare pasta according to the package instructions. Once cooked, set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the cubed chicken and cook until it is cooked through and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Turn the heat to low and add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, minced garlic, dried basil, and dried oregano to the pan. Sauté for about 1 minute. Add in the halved cherry tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and cooked chicken to the skillet with the tomatoes. Combine thoroughly.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and balsamic glaze. If you want the cheese to get nice and melty, you could keep the skillet on very low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy! Garnish with fresh basil, a drizzle of balsamic glaze, and extra fresh tomatoes if desired.
– Feel free to add some summer vegetables to up the nutrition in this pasta dish.
– Season with salt and pepper to taste.