Crusted Chicken Romano is a mouthwatering recipe that is both easy to make and incredibly delicious. This pan-fried chicken dish features thin chicken breasts coated in a crispy, golden-brown cheese crust made with Pecorino Romano cheese, flour, eggs, and simple seasonings. It is a low-carb option that the whole family will love. In this article, we will provide you with the details you need to recreate this restaurant-quality dish in your own kitchen.
GO DOWN TO DOWNLOAD FREE E BOOK
Crusted Chicken Romano
- – 3 thinly sliced chicken breasts about 1.3 lbs
- – 2 eggs
- – 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- – 1 tsp salt
- – 1 tsp garlic powder
- – 1/4 tsp black pepper
- – 3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- – Olive oil enough to pan fry
- In three shallow bowls, prepare the chicken dredging elements. Combine all-purpose flour, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in the first bowl. Whisk the eggs in the second bowl. Add the grated Pecorino Romano cheese to the third bowl.
- Thoroughly pat each thin chicken breast with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- Dip each chicken breast into the seasoned flour mixture, coating both sides evenly.
- Transfer the flour-coated chicken breast to the egg wash, making sure it is coated on all sides.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 5-10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and pat them with paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!