Today, we’re going to learn how to make a delicious and convenient meal that you can enjoy on-the-go – the DIY Taco Lunchbox. This make-ahead lunchbox is not only easy to assemble, but it’s also packed with flavors and textures that will satisfy your taco cravings. Whether you’re looking for a quick and healthy lunch or a tasty snack, this recipe has got you covered. Let’s dive in and discover how to create this delightful taco lunchbox!
DIY Taco Lunchbox
- 2 5½-inch corn or flour tortillas, warmed if desired
- 3 Easy Turkey Meatballs crumbled
- ½ teaspoon mild chili powder
- ¼ cup guacamole
- ⅓ cup chopped grape tomatoes or bell pepper
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced romaine or shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream Optional
- 1 lime wedge Optional
- Wrap tortillas in plastic wrap or foil.
- Combine meatballs with chili powder in a small bowl; mix well.
- Pack the meatballs along with guacamole, tomatoes (or peppers), lettuce (or carrot), cheese, sour cream (if using) and lime wedge (if using) in a divided bento-style lunchbox or in separate containers with lids.
- Place the wrapped tortillas on top.
- Refrigerate or keep cold with an ice pack until ready to serve.
- To serve, divide the meatballs, guacamole, tomatoes (or peppers), lettuce (or carrot) and cheese between the tortillas.
- Top with sour cream and serve with a lime wedge, if desired.