If you’re looking for a delicious and easy make-ahead meal, then this Egg Salad Lunchbox recipe is perfect for you. Packed with protein and flavor, this dish is versatile and can be enjoyed as is or as a sandwich. Whether you’re taking it to work, school, or a picnic, this egg salad recipe is a convenient and satisfying option.
Egg Salad Lunchbox
- – 1 large hard-boiled egg chopped
- – 1/4 cup chopped celery or shredded carrot
- – 2 tablespoons Creamy Yogurt-Dill Sauce see Associated Recipes or ranch dressing
- – 8 small whole-grain crackers or 1 small whole-wheat hamburger bun
- – 1/2 apple sliced, or 1/2 cup mixed berries
- – 1/4 cup sliced peppers cucumbers, and/or grape tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped egg, celery (or carrot), sauce (or dressing), salt, and pepper.
- Pack the egg mixture along with the crackers (or bun), apple (or berries), and vegetables in a divided bento-style lunchbox or separate containers with lids.
- Refrigerate or keep cold with an ice pack until ready to serve.
- When ready to eat, serve the egg salad on the crackers (or bun).
– To make ahead, refrigerate for up to 1 day.
– Sprinkling the apple slices with a little cinnamon can enhance the flavor and mask any browning.
– This recipe is suitable for a nut-free and soy-free diet.