Are you in the mood for a quick and delicious homemade pizza? Look no further than this easy flatbread pizza recipe. With a simple, no-yeast flatbread as the base, you can have a cheesy and flavorful pizza on the table in no time. Perfect for dinner or a weekend party, this recipe is sure to be a hit. Let’s get started!
Flatbread Pizza with Tomato and Arugula
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for surface
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Vegetable oil for pan
- 12 oz. grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 small red onion sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. mozzarella sliced into 1/4″ thick rounds
- Balsamic glaze for serving
- 2 cups arugula
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add the yogurt and oil, and mix until no dry spots remain.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface. Transfer the dough to the surface and knead until smooth, for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add more flour if the dough is sticky.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces, then roll each piece into a 1/4″ thick round.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and add enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the flatbreads until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Continue cooking the remaining flatbreads, adding more vegetable oil as needed.
- In a medium bowl, combine the grape tomatoes, red onion, olive oil, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each flatbread with mozzarella cheese and the tomato-onion mixture.
- Bake the pizzas for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with arugula before serving.