Indulge in a taste of the islands with these mouthwatering Hawaiian Chicken Skewers. This delicious recipe features tender chicken, juicy pineapple, and vibrant bell peppers, all coated in a sweet and tangy teriyaki sauce. Grilled to perfection, these skewers are the ultimate summer dinner that will transport you straight to paradise.
Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
- 1/2 c. barbecue sauce
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger minced
- 1 tsp. honey
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 c. cubed pineapple
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 1 red onion diced
- White rice for serving
- 2 tsp. cilantro
- Preheat the grill or grill pan on medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, minced garlic, minced ginger, honey, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes until well combined.
- Build skewers by alternating chicken, pineapple, peppers, and red onion. Place them on a baking sheet and pour over half of the marinade.
- Place the skewers on the preheated grill and brush them with the reserved marinade. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip the skewers and brush the other side with marinade.
- Continue to cook for another 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the Hawaiian Chicken Skewers with white rice and a sprinkle of cilantro.