Welcome to a new culinary adventure with our Hot Honey Pretzel Chicken Tenders! These air-fried tenders are a flavor-packed delight, coated in a unique pretzel crust and drizzled with a homemade hot honey sauce that adds a of magic. This recipe takes your classic chicken tenders to a whole new level, offering a tantalizing blend of sweet, salty, and spicy flavors. Whether enjoyed as a comforting dinner, a crowd-pleasing appetizer, or a kid-friendly meal, these tenders are sure to impress every palate at the table.
GO DOWN TO DOWNLOAD FREE E BOOK
HOT HONEY PRETZEL CHICKEN TENDERS
- – 600 grams chicken cutlets
- – 2 eggs
- – 50 ml whole milk
- – 1 tablespoon mustard
- – 150 grams salted pretzels
- – Salt and pepper to taste
- – For Hot Honey Sauce:
- – 3 tablespoons honey
- – 1 1/2 tablespoons sriracha
- Preheat your air fryer to 200°C. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- Crush the pretzels into small pieces, either using a food processor for a finer texture or placing them in a zip-top bag and crushing with a rolling pin for a chunkier texture. Pour the crushed pretzels into a shallow dish.
- In a separate shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, whole milk, and mustard until well combined.
- Dip each chicken cutlet into the egg mixture, ensuring it is fully coated, then transfer to the dish with the crushed pretzels. Press the pretzels firmly onto the chicken to ensure they adhere well.
- Place the pretzel-coated chicken in the preheated air fryer in a single layer, cooking in batches if needed to prevent overcrowding. Air fry the chicken for 10-15 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 74°C and the pretzel crust is golden and crispy.
- While the chicken cooking, whisk together the and sriracha make the hot honey sauce7. Once the tenders are cooked, them to rest for a few minutes before serving. Drizzle with the hot honey sauce for an additional sweet and spicy flavor.
– If your chicken cutlets are thicker, it may take longer to cook through. You can pound them to an even thickness before coating to ensure even cooking.
– Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket to ensure proper and even cooking. Cook in batches if necessary.
– If you’re not a fan of mustard, you can substitute it with mayonnaise or Greek yogurt in the egg mixture.
– Leftover chicken tenders can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.