Lasagna is a classic Italian dish that is loved by many for its layers of pasta, rich tomato sauce, and melted cheese. However, making traditional lasagna can be a time-consuming process. That’s where this Cheater’s Skillet Lasagna with Corn and Cherry Tomatoes comes in. It’s a quick and easy version of the classic favorite, packed with all the cheesy goodness you crave. In just 35 minutes, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal on the table. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Lasagna with Corn and Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 ears of corn on the cob
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pound lasagna noodles roughly broken
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large zucchini peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 bunch asparagus peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup capers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brush the corn with the melted butter and add to the skillet. Sear until well charred, about 4 minutes per side. Cool slightly, then cut the kernels from the cob.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the lasagna noodles until al dente, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Heat the remaining olive oil in the same skillet you used to cook the corn.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes are blistered, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the zucchini and asparagus; cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the noodles and corn to the skillet; toss to combine. Add the Parmesan, capers, and basil; toss to combine. Serve immediately.