Introducing the Easy One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice, a delightful Asian classic that will satisfy your cravings for a comforting and flavorful meal. This recipe is the epitome of simplicity and convenience, as it requires just one pot and minimal effort. With its aromatic and tender chicken, fragrant rice, and a burst of flavorful sauce, this dish is sure to become a new favorite in your culinary repertoire. Let’s dive into the details of this mouthwatering recipe!
GO DOWN TO DOWNLOAD FREE E BOOK
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice
- – 4 chicken thighs
- – 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- – 6 garlic cloves
- – 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- – 300 grams jasmine rice
- – 500 ml chicken stock
- – 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- – Salt and pepper to taste
- -1 teaspoon minced ginger
- – 6 finely sliced spring onions
- – 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- – 50 ml vegetable oil
- Prepare the Chicken: Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a pot over medium heat and add garlic cloves and minced. Allow them to heat up for a minute or two. Carefully place the seasoned chicken thighs in the pot, skin-side down, and let them cook undisturbed for about 4-5 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Flip the chicken thighs and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes. Add soy sauce and stir everything together. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot with a lid and simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Prepare the Sauce: In a small pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. minced ginger and finely sliced spring onions to the hot oil and stir for about a minute until fragrant and slightly crispy. Remove the pan from heat and carefully pour the hot oil, garlic, and spring onions into a heatproof bowl. Stir in the sesame oil to complete the sauce.
- Cook the Rice: After the chicken has simmered for 20-25 minutes, add jasmine rice to the pot along with chicken stock. Stir everything together, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot with a lid and let the rice cook for about 15 minutes or until it is tender and has absorbed all the liquid.
- Serve: Once the rice is cooked, remove the pot from heat and let it rest, covered, for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld. To serve, place a generous portion of the fragrant rice on a plate or bowl. Top it with a succulent chicken thigh and drizzle the spring onion sauce over the chicken and rice for an extra burst of aromatic flavors.