When it comes to quick and elegant meals, this Quick Chicken Piccata recipe is a top contender. Laced with lemon and simmered in white wine, this stovetop entree is bursting with flavor and easy to make. Whether you’re looking for a simple weeknight dinner or a dish to impress your guests, this recipe has got you covered. Just pair it with some veggies and bread, and you’ve got yourself a wonderful meal. Let’s dive into the details of this delightful recipe.
Quick Chicken Piccata
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4 ounces each
- Minced fresh parsley optional
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, and pepper.
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Dip chicken in the flour mixture, coating both sides and shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat.
- Brown the chicken on both sides.
- Add the white wine to the skillet and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer, uncovered, until the chicken is no longer pink, about 12-15 minutes.
- Drizzle the chicken with lemon juice.
- Optional: Sprinkle with minced fresh parsley.
- Serve the Quick Chicken Piccata with your choice of side dishes and enjoy!
If you’re looking for a gluten-free alternative, you can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour.
For an extra burst of flavor, you can add capers to the sauce.