Tortellini Caprese Salad is a delicious and refreshing summer side dish that is perfect for picnics, potlucks, or parties. Made with cheese tortellini, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, asparagus, and a balsamic glaze, this cold pasta salad can also be enjoyed as a full meal. It is quick and easy to prepare, taking just about 30 minutes to make. The combination of flavors and textures in this dish is absolutely delightful, making it a crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
TORTELLINI CAPRESE SALAD
- – 22 oz tortellini
- – 1 cup colorful grape tomatoes halved
- – 1 bunch asparagus
- – 8 oz mozzarella cheese chopped
- – 2 tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- – 3 tbsp olive oil separated
- – 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- – 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- – Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by sautéing the asparagus in a large pan with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper for about 10 minutes. Then chop it into bite-sized chunks.
- Boil the tortellini according to the package instructions. Allow both the tortellini and asparagus to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled tortellini and asparagus with the tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, 2 tbsp olive oil, balsamic glaze, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place the salad in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving to let the flavors develop.
- Enjoy as a side dish or a full meal!
– Adjust the seasoning to your liking by adding more salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, or balsamic glaze.
– Feel free to customize the salad by adding additional vegetables, protein sources like grilled chicken or chickpeas, or using a different type of pasta.
– Store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.