Indulge in the delightful flavors of Tortellini with Spinach and Lemon Sauce, a quick and easy dish that is perfect for summer. Each bite offers a rich experience, with tender tortellini, a luscious lemon-infused cream sauce, and vibrant spinach. Topped with nutty parmesan, this dish leaves a refreshing hint of summer on your palate. It’s more than just a pasta dish – it’s a heartwarming experience wrapped in fond memories and shared smiles.
GO DOWN TO DOWNLOAD FREE E BOOK
TORTELLINI WITH SPINACH AND LEMON SAUCE
- – 400 grams tortellini
- – 50 grams butter
- – 3 garlic cloves
- – 250 ml heavy cream
- – Zest of 1 lemon
- – Juice of 1 lemon
- – 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- – 2 cups of spinach chopped
- – To Finish:
- – Parmesan cheese
- – Pasta water
- Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions. Remember to reserve some pasta water before draining. Set the cooked tortellini aside.
- While the tortellini is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant but not browned.
- Pour in the heavy cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, and ground black pepper. Stir well to combine. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped spinach to the skillet and continue to cook until the spinach wilts, about 2-3 minutes.
- If the sauce is too thick, add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Add the cooked tortellini to the skillet, gently stirring to ensure the pasta is well-coated with the sauce. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve warm, topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
– When zesting and juicing your lemon, it before adding the other ingredients. Also, try to use a fresh lemon for the best flavor.
– If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can simmer it for a few extra minutes before adding the tortellini and spinach.
– Adjust the amount of Parmesan cheese according to your taste preference.
– If you can’t find tortellini, you can substitute it with other stuffed pasta like ravioli or even use a simple pasta like penne or spaghetti.
– For a lighter version, replace heavy cream with half-and-half or whole milk, although this will result in a less rich sauce.
– Leftover Tortellini with Spinach and Lemon Sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.